2017 3v3 BASKETBALL TOURNAMENT
This event is INDEPENDENT ONLY
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Wednesday, June 28, 2017
TOURNAMENT BRACKET: (Click on your division to view your bracket)
Independent A (June 27) - Independent B (June 28)
Deadline for Independent Entries: Wednesday, June 14, 2017
Three (3) Players Per Team (1 male & 2 females or 2 males & 1 female)
- A 30 minute time limits will be enforced for each game played. If the game is tied after time limit, the next point scored will win the game.
- This is a double elimination tournament.
- A coin toss determines the first possession.
- Games will be to 13 points, win by two with a 17 point cap. A basket is worth 1 point. There is no time limit.
- A successful basket from behind the "3 point line" is worth 2 points. The "take back" line is outside of the 2 pt. line above the foul line. Both of the shooter's feet must be clearly behind the line.
- After a score, the ball must change possession, be taken out beyond the 2-point line and above the foul line, and be "checked" by the defense before play begins.
- The ball must be taken back on every change of possession. Failure to take the ball back will result in a loss of possession.
- After all fouls or out of bounds occurrences, the ball will be taken out at the "take back" line.
- After a score, foul, or out of bounds, the ball must be passed from the person taking it out, to one of his/her other team members, to begin play again.
- No dunking allowed. Observed dunking on any basket at any time may result in dismissal from the tournament.
- Each team is allowed two 45 second time-outs.
- No stalling allowed. An unwritten 30-second shot clock is in effect at all times, and may be enforced by the official. Failure to attempt a shot and hit the rim within 30 seconds, after being advised by the official will result in the loss of possession.
- Jump balls go to the defense.
- NON-SHOOTING FOUL RULE: First 6 fouls will result in possession of the ball. Fouls 7 and up will result in 1 foul shot and the ball
SHOOTING FOULS: For the first 6 fouls, if the shot is made 1 foul shot will be awarded and change of possession. If the shot is missed, shooter will receive 1 foul shot if the foul was committed inside the 3 point line and 2 foul shots if the foul was committed outside the 3 point line and change of possession. Fouls 7 and up, same rules apply but fouled team keeps possession.
- Flagrant fouls or continuous misconduct may result in an immediate ejection. If the monitor or official rules a flagrant foul, the player fouled will shoot one free throw and retain possession. Two flagrant fouls will result in an automatic ejection. Anyone involved in fighting, for any reason, will be ejected.
- There must be one person of each sex on the court at all times.
- All games will have a certified official.
- 3 second rules applies
After your first two rounds, game times are subjected to change. If not present at the start of your game, your game will be forfeited!
Cleveland Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all basketball rules and regulations.