2017 SAND VOLLEYBALL TOURNAMENT
Saturday, July 8, 2017
Division 1, 3, 5 - Edgewater Park
Division 2, 4, 6 -Whiskey Island
Sunday, July 9, 2017
Independent - Edgewater Park
Whiskey Island Marina
2800 Whiskey Island
Cleveland, OH 44102
6500 Cleveland Memorial Shoreway
Cleveland, OH 44102
TOURNAMENT BRACKET: (Click on your division to view your bracket)
Division 1 - Division 2 - Division 3 - Division 4 - Division 5 - Division 6
Independent Division A - Independent Division B - Independent Division C
Deadline for Independent Entries: Wednesday, June 28, 2017
Six (6) Players Per Team (3 Males & 3 Females) - NO EXCEPTIONS
The match winner will be determined by winning the best 2 out of 3 games (winners bracket only). The first two games of the match will be played to 21 using rally scoring. If a match goes to a third game, that game will be played to 15 using rally scoring. All games are WIN BY 2 with a 25 points cap (first 2 games) and 19 point cap (3rd game). Losers' bracket games will play one game to 21 using rally scoring. All losers' bracket games are WIN BY 2 with a 25 point cap.
1. The positioning of the players shall be alternating male and female.
2. Under no circumstances may a team play with less than 6 players on the court.
3. Unlimited substitutions may be made (male for male, female for female) only at the server position. Players DO NOT NEED TO MAKE A FULL ROTATION prior to subbing out. Injured players may sub out from any position.
4. If there are not six players at the scheduled start of the match, the first game will be a forfeit. There is a 10-minute limit to start the second game. If 6 players are not present at the end of the 10 minute period, the second game and the match will be a forfeit.
5. Teams must switch sides half way in each game.
6. Service may be made anywhere along the end line.
7. The server should call the score with each service.
8. When a ball is played more than twice by a team, a female player must make at least one of the contacts.
9. The ball must be clearly seen in the hands of the server and be clearly hit for service.
10. The ball can contact any number of body parts down to, and including the foot, providing such contacts are simultaneous and the ball rebounds immediately and cleanly after such contact.
11. Scooping, lifting, pushing, or allowing the ball to roll on the body will be considered a held ball and illegal.
12. Two time-outs per game will be allowed for 20-seconds each.
13. Blocking can only be done by front row players. Attacking the ball in front of the 10-foot line can only be done by front row players.
14. The receiving team on a serve cannot attack the serve. The first hit by the receiving team shall be a bump or set.
15. Only the team captain may address the officials.
16. To help ensure player safety, blatant interference by a player (in the judgement of the official) with an opposing player who is in the progress of playing the ball, shall be declared a fault and a side out or point will be awarded.
17. Misconduct shall result in: first infraction-team warning; second infraction-point or side out; third infraction-forfeit of game.
18. All decisions of the official are final.
After your first two rounds, game times are subjected to change. If not present at the start of your game, your game will be forfeited!
Cleveland Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all sand volleyball rules and regulations.