2017 SOFTBALL TOURNAMENT
Saturday, June 10, 2017
Division 2 - James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Division 4 - James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Division 5 - James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Division 6 - James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Independent Division - Veterans Memorial Park (State Road Park)
Saturday, June 17, 2017
Division 1 - James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Division 3 - James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
Rain Out Makeup Date: TBD
**If either single day of the tournament is cancelled due to weather conditions and moved to the make update, a modified single elimination tournament may be implemented. If multiple days of the tournament are cancelled due to weather, there will be NO makeup date.
James Day Park (Nike Site Park)
11828 W. Pleasant Valley Road
Parma, OH 44130
Veterans Memorial Park (State Road Park)
6328 State Road
TOURNAMENT BRACKET: (Click on your division to view your bracket)
Division 1 - Division 2 - Division 3 - Division 4 - Division 5 - Division 6 - Independent Division
Deadline for Independent Entries: Wednesday, May 31, 2017
Five (5) Inning Games, Double Elimination
Ten (10) Players Per Team (5 Male & 5 Females)
- A 50 minute time limits will be enforced for each game played. No new inning may begin if time limit is reached. The time limit will begin with the first pitch. If the game is tied after five (5) innings or time expires and the game is tied, a one pitch rule will be enforced.
- A total of ten (10) players can be on the field for the defensive team
at one time (5 males and 5 females). You must play with a minimum of eight (8) players must be on the field
(4 males and 4 females). You must always play with the same number of
males and females.
- There are no restrictions regarding positions of players in the field.
- A total of ten (10) players can be in the batting order (same players that
are playing the field) (5 males and 5 females).
- If you start a game with ten (10) players, you must continue with ten (10) players
in your batting order. If your team is reduced to 8 during the game,
you can continue to play the field, but the two players leaving the
batting order will be considered out.
- If you start the game with eight (8) players, you can add the two additional
players anytime during the game.
- Re-Entry Rule - Players may substitute during the game for the same player in the batting order. There is a one re-entry rule that will be enforced. (Ex. Player A comes in for Player B, Player B can only come back in the game for Player A. Once Player B comes out of the game for the second time, he/she cannot re-enter the game).
- Each team will pitch to their own team. The batter will receive three
pitches and must hit one of those pitches or will be declared out.
- The pitcher is not in the batting lineup, unless they also play a defensive position.
- The batting orders must alternate male and female.
- There will be no designated hitters.
- The ball used for competition will be supplied.
- Base runners must give up or slide. If a runner tries to "run
over" the fielding player, the base runner will be ejected from
- In case of inclement weather, the game may be modified to a one pitch
tournament and/or single elimination.
- If a team is leading by ten (10) or more runs after three (3) full innings of play, the game will be over.
- If a team is late, they will be given exactly 10 minutes before the game is forfeited.
- A courtesy runner can be used but must be the same sex as current runner. Any player, whether in the game or not, can courtesy run. Limit is one (1) total per inning.
- If the ball strikes the pitcher, the batter is out.
- NO METAL CLEATS.
- Legal Bats - Only USSSA approved bats will be allowed.
- Only three (3) home runs allowed per game at Veterans Memorial Park ( State Road Park). Every home run after three (3) will be counted as an out.
A special thanks to the Parma Recreation Department!
After your first two rounds, game times are subjected to change. If not present at the start of your game, your game will be forfeited!
Cleveland Corporate Challenge staff members and officials reserve the right to settle any disputes, as well as interpret, modify, and enforce all softball rules and regulations.